Looking to play console games on your iPhone? One of the best ways to do that is to download a game console-emulator app called NewGamePad, offering support for many different retro gaming consoles.
There is one easy way to download the NewGamepad app, by simply downloading an external app installer called TweakBox.
It is a 3rd-party iOS app installer offering tons of 3rd-party apps, games, and emulators, all free. Tap the Download button below for direct download.
- Using the linked guide, download TweakBox onto your iPhone or iPad
- Open TweakBox app and search for NewGamePad
- Several results will show up, choose whichever result has the same iOS version as yours
- Tap on the Install button and NewGamePad will be installed on your device
- Before you use NewGamePad, open your Settings app and go to General; open Profiles and Trust the NewGamePad app profile.
- You can now use New GamePad and play console games on your iOS device.
Fix NewGamePad Untrusted Developer Error:
When you install and use an iOS emulator, Apple won’t let you do it unless you trust the developer. They will show you the Untrusted Developer error but this can be got around in a couple of easy steps:
- Go to Settings and navigate to General and then Profiles
- Find and tap the app in the profiles list
- Tap the Trust button
- Close down Settings and go back to the emulator app; the error will be gone
NewGamePad has the broadest level of console support out of all the emulator apps. The following console games are supported:
How to Download ROMs on NewGamePad:
By the time you get here, you should have NewGamePad installed on your device – if not, go get it now. Once the emulator has been installed on your device, you will want to download gaming ROMs to play – here’s how you do that:
- Launch the NewGamePad emulator on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to the top right corner and tap Search
- Type the name of the game you want on the search bar
- Tap on your game from the results and tap Download
- Tap Save and you can launch the game once your ROM has downloaded
Running ROMs On NewGamePad:
- Launch the ROM you want to play
- Tap More
- Tap on Copy to NewGamePad from the options on the screen
- Your ROM is included in the emulator; just tap to launch it
NewGamePad emulator offers users loads of great features, including:
- Support for multiple consoles ( see above )
- The user interface is Chinese, but games are in English
- In-app browser to find your favorite ROMS
- Support for multiple platforms
- An intelligent interface that looks like a games console
- Change the game speed
- On-screen controller, fully customizable
- No jailbreak required
- Works on all iOS devices on iOS 9 to iOS 13
Emulators are always going to be a type of app that is popular. Not only do they extend the functionality of your iPhone or iPad, but it also means you no longer have to carry a separate handheld games console with you; you can do it all on one device.
Download NewGamePad today and follow us on Facebook for loads more useful tips and recommendations.